116: Feedback Friday | How to Avoid Dining on a Side of Self-Delusion
If you want us to answer your question, register your feedback, or tell your story on one of our upcoming weekly Feedback Friday episodes, drop us a line at email@example.com. Now, let's dive in!
On This Week's Feedback Friday, We Discuss:
- The idea of having children with your partner out of wedlock might not matter to society as much as it used to, but it might matter more to your partner than is apparent.
- You don't always need to see your doctor waving a huge red flag in order to seek a second opinion, but here's a great example of one if you're wondering what such a red flag might look like.
- Even though the relationship you've had with your high school sweetheart for nearly 10 years is strong, you can't help but wonder if your partner's desire to explore and experience other people would break you up for good or bring you closer in the long run.
- During childhood, your spouse was sexually abused by a family member. Not everyone in the family knows this, and now that family member will be present at future holidays and gatherings. If your spouse doesn't want to speak up, what can you do?
- Getting from the beginning to the end of a personal anecdote can be a struggle when you don't feel like you've mastered the art of storytelling. How do you get better at honing your storytelling chops?
- You know it's a bad idea to pursue a romance or relationship with someone at the office (especially when you're the boss), but you can't deny there's an attraction between you and someone there. So how do you cool things off before this becomes a real problem?
- If you're a new teacher -- or someone who frequently needs to speak in front of people -- how do you address the overwhelming feedback that your voice is too quiet?
- How can you convey remorse about an on-the-job transgression for which you need to atone on a professional level?
- Tank's Good News: Hands-Only CPR's 'Keep The Beat' 100 BPM Playlist by American Heart Association on Spotify
- Recommendation of the Week: Quincy
- Quick shoutout to Taylor Fischer in Las Vegas!
- Have any questions, comments, or stories you'd like to share with us? Drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- Connect with Jordan on Twitter at @JordanHarbinger and Instagram at @jordanharbinger.
- Connect with Jason on Twitter at @jpdef and Instagram at @JPD, and check out his other show: Grumpy Old Geeks.
174: A.J. Jacobs | Thanks a Thousand: A Gratitude Journey
173: Feedback Friday | How to Make Life Purposeful for the Terminally Ill
172: Clint Watts | Surviving in a World of Fake News
171: Charlamagne Tha God | Turning the Tables on Fear and Anxiety
170: Feedback Friday | How to Ask Questions Like an Award-Winning Podcaster
169: Nathan Latka | How to Be a Capitalist Without Any Capital
168: Mike Posner | 31 Minutes to the Other Side of Fame
167: Feedback Friday | How to Deal with Jerks on a Plane
166: Kevin Barrows | Think Like an FBI Interrogator
165: Chris Voss | Negotiate as If Your Life Depended on It
164: Feedback Friday | How to Rescue Your Loved One From an MLM Scam
163: Todd Herman | The Alter Ego Effect
162: Cesar Millan | Seeing the World from a Dog Whisperer's Perspective
161: Feedback Friday | How to Support a Friend Suffering from Addiction
160: Deep Dive | Why Does Self-Help Make You Feel Terrible?
159: Cal Newport | Choosing a Focused Life in a Noisy World
158: Feedback Friday | How to Save Someone from a Self-Help Cult
157: John Ruhlin | Ways to Give Gifts That Make a Big Difference
156: Jaron Lanier | Why You Should Unplug from Social Media for Good
155: Feedback Friday | How to Work with People You Don't Like or Respect