126: Matthew Walker | Unlocking the Power of Sleep and Dreams
Dr. Matthew Walker (@sleepdiplomat) is Professor of Neuroscience and Psychology at the University of California in Berkeley, founder and director of the Center for Human Sleep Science, and author of Why We Sleep: Unlocking the Power of Sleep and Dreams.
"The shorter your sleep, the shorter your life." -Dr. Matthew Walker
What We Discuss with Matthew Walker:
- Why you're not lazy if you don't happen to be a morning person (it's genetic).
- What it means when you always seem to wake up right before your alarm.
- What's going on in your dreams (lucid or otherwise) and what can you learn from them?
- How to train yourself to go to sleep at the time that's ideal for you.
- Mistakes you're making that keep you from getting optimal results at bedtime.
- And much more...
Whether you're a lady or a gent, you don't need to know what MicroModal fabric is to enjoy the comfort of MeUndies; you just need to wear them — support this show (and yourself) with MeUndies at meundies.com/jordan for 15% off and free shipping!
Rocket Mortgage by Quicken Loans. Apply simply. Understand fully. Mortgage confidently. To get started, go to RocketMortgage.com/JORDAN!
Outerknown was founded by pro surfer Kelly Slater for people who want great clothes produced by workers who are paid a living wage in an environmentally conscious way. Go to outerknown.com today and enter code JORDAN at checkout for 25% off your full price order!
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!