127: Deep Dive | How to Overcome Imposter Syndrome
Gabriel Mizrahi (@GabeMizrahi) joins us for this deep dive into identifying and overcoming imposter syndrome -- the sinking feeling that your accolades are unearned, your successes are undeserved, and you'll be discovered for the fraud you (think you) are at any moment by somebody -- anybody -- more qualified than you (which only seems to be everybody)! [Photo by Steve Lundqvist]
What We Discuss with Gabriel Mizrahi:
- Why you're not alone in feeling pangs of imposter syndrome (or imposter experience or imposter phenomenon, depending on who you ask) -- it strikes nearly everyone (even elite athletes and military special forces) from time to time.
- How to tell the difference between true fraudulence and imposter syndrome -- and act accordingly.
- The three behaviors that should help you avoid feeling imposter syndrome but counterintuitively tend to reinforce it.
- The two common beliefs that invite imposter syndrome to visit most frequently.
- What you can learn from incidents of imposter syndrome to grow more resistant to its eerily convincing distortions of reality.
- And much more...
Hunt a Killer is a puzzle-style game that poses this tantalizing question: what if a serial killer delivered a package to your doorstep each month? Go to huntakiller.com/jordan for 10 percent off your first box and find out!
Mrs. Fields has been baking delicious cookies for decades, and you know who would love to get some for the holidays? Everybody on your list! Get 20 percent off your order by going to mrsfields.com and entering promo code JORDAN at checkout!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Save up to a whopping 62% on new webhosting packages with HostGator at hostgator.com/jordan!
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
174: A.J. Jacobs | Thanks a Thousand: A Gratitude Journey
173: Feedback Friday | How to Make Life Purposeful for the Terminally Ill
172: Clint Watts | Surviving in a World of Fake News
171: Charlamagne Tha God | Turning the Tables on Fear and Anxiety
170: Feedback Friday | How to Ask Questions Like an Award-Winning Podcaster
169: Nathan Latka | How to Be a Capitalist Without Any Capital
168: Mike Posner | 31 Minutes to the Other Side of Fame
167: Feedback Friday | How to Deal with Jerks on a Plane
166: Kevin Barrows | Think Like an FBI Interrogator
165: Chris Voss | Negotiate as If Your Life Depended on It
164: Feedback Friday | How to Rescue Your Loved One From an MLM Scam
163: Todd Herman | The Alter Ego Effect
162: Cesar Millan | Seeing the World from a Dog Whisperer's Perspective
161: Feedback Friday | How to Support a Friend Suffering from Addiction
160: Deep Dive | Why Does Self-Help Make You Feel Terrible?
159: Cal Newport | Choosing a Focused Life in a Noisy World
158: Feedback Friday | How to Save Someone from a Self-Help Cult
157: John Ruhlin | Ways to Give Gifts That Make a Big Difference
156: Jaron Lanier | Why You Should Unplug from Social Media for Good
155: Feedback Friday | How to Work with People You Don't Like or Respect