136: Spencer Greenberg | Cultivating Clearer Thinking for Cloudy Times
What We Discuss with Spencer Greenberg:
- Common logical fallacies and concepts like black and white thinking, cherry picking, straw man arguments, and the typical mind fallacy.
- How these logical fallacies can be so powerfully persuasive even in the face of contrary evidence, and why they inhibit our thinking and keep us from getting closer to the truth.
- How to spot cognitive bias in ourselves and others -- and in the sources we choose to inform us about the outside world.
- How we can improve our critical thinking, cut through these faulty arguments and biases, and separate fact from fiction with logic over emotion.
- Practical tools that allow us to cultivate clearer thinking for these often cloudy times.
- And much more...
Privacy.com allows you to generate a new credit card number for every purchase you make online for the sake of worry-free security -- and it doesn't cost you anything! Want to find out why we use this incredible service ourselves? Sign up for free and get a $5 credit at privacy.com/jordan!
Hunt a Killer is a puzzle-style game that poses this tantalizing question: what if a serial killer delivered a package to your doorstep each month? Go to huntakiller.com/jordan for 10 percent off your first box and find out!
Candid Co gives you clear braces without in-office visits for 65% less than a traditional orthodontist. Get started with an at-home modeling kit today for 25% off at this link with code JORDAN at checkout!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Save up to a whopping 62% on new webhosting packages with HostGator at hostgator.com/jordan!
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!
173: Feedback Friday | How to Make Life Purposeful for the Terminally Ill
172: Clint Watts | Surviving in a World of Fake News
171: Charlamagne Tha God | Turning the Tables on Fear and Anxiety
170: Feedback Friday | How to Ask Questions Like an Award-Winning Podcaster
169: Nathan Latka | How to Be a Capitalist Without Any Capital
168: Mike Posner | 31 Minutes to the Other Side of Fame
167: Feedback Friday | How to Deal with Jerks on a Plane
166: Kevin Barrows | Think Like an FBI Interrogator
165: Chris Voss | Negotiate as If Your Life Depended on It
164: Feedback Friday | How to Rescue Your Loved One From an MLM Scam
163: Todd Herman | The Alter Ego Effect
162: Cesar Millan | Seeing the World from a Dog Whisperer's Perspective
161: Feedback Friday | How to Support a Friend Suffering from Addiction
160: Deep Dive | Why Does Self-Help Make You Feel Terrible?
159: Cal Newport | Choosing a Focused Life in a Noisy World
158: Feedback Friday | How to Save Someone from a Self-Help Cult
157: John Ruhlin | Ways to Give Gifts That Make a Big Difference
156: Jaron Lanier | Why You Should Unplug from Social Media for Good
155: Feedback Friday | How to Work with People You Don't Like or Respect
154: Brian Rose | An Honest Look in the Real View Mirror