CBG 1:36 | Kann ich hier Briefmarken kaufen?
Mark’s continuing his trip to Austria in this lesson, and as usual he’s accompanied by Thomas who is helping him practise his language skills. This week Mark’s buying postcards and Thomas is buying sports shoes with his friend, Daniel. In this lesson you will:
- practise words and phrases for shopping scenarioes;
- learn about the expression könnte ich…? meaning “could I…?”;
- see further examples of German modal verbs and the word order rules associated with them;
- discover a new way to say “goodbye” in the south of Germany and Austria;
- practise different conversational structures.
This season of Coffee Break German features a total of 40 episodes. Stay subscribed to the podcast to enjoy each episode. If you'd like to benefit from lesson notes, bonus audio recordings and video versions of the lessons featuring 'synchronised video flashcards' to help you understand how the words and phrases are written, you can access the premium version of Coffee Break German on the Coffee Break Academy.
Don't forget to follow Coffee Break German on Facebook where we post language activities, cultural points and review materials to help you practise your French. Remember - a few minutes a day can help you build your confidence in the language. Access the Coffee Break German Facebook page here.
Join us on YouTube where we post regular videos for language learners: subscribe to Coffee Break Languages now!
If you'd like to find out what goes on behind the scenes here at Coffee Break Languages, follow @coffeebreaklanguages on Instagram.