Ep. 229 - Yoga Girl, Rachel Brathen, on Humanizing Social Media, Ancestral Healing + Honoring Motherhood
Today’s episode features world-renowned yoga instructor and author of To Love and Let Go, Rachel Brathen. Also known as Yoga Girl, she is a heart-centered leader who brings the human element of emotion to social media. Becoming who Rachel is today was not without a history of struggle, and she shares with us how her childhood and rebellious teenage years led her to first find meditation, then yoga. This brings us deep into the conversation of finding identity, especially in our teenage years, when we have been influenced by our parent’s traumas and shaped by our communities.
The three of us also explore the interconnectedness between spirituality and business, and how Rachel balances motherhood with maintaining closeness with her husband. We also take a dive into plant medicine, sharing the insights and clearings Rachel gained during her cacao ceremony.
We also talk about:
- Being present in our social media era
- Nourishing your body and mind during pregnancy
- How motherhood positively affects your ability to be present
- The importance of ritual in our day-to-day lives
- Being vulnerable and open on social media
- How our ancestors experiences influence us
Find more to love at almost30podcast.com!
- Learn more: yogagirl.com ; yogagirlfoundation.com
- Instagram: @yoga_girl ; @yogagirlfoundation
- Listen: From The Heart: Conversations with Yoga Girl
- Books: Yoga Girl ; To Love and Let Go
- Amour Vert | Use code ALMOST30 for 15% off at www.shopgreenlove.com/almost30
- SAKARA | Go to sakara.com/almost30 and use code ALMOST30 for $60 off your first order
- Article | www.article.com/ALMOST30 for $50 off a purchase of $100 or more
- HUM Nutrition | Use code ALMOST30NATION for 15% off at humnutrition.com
- Slendier | go to www.amazon.com and search "Slendier"
- Away | Use code ALMOST30 for $20 off a suitcase at awaytravel.com/almost30
Almost 30 is edited by Crate Media