TMHS 329: Stop Brain Shrinkage And Activate Your Healthy Brain Genes - With Guest Dr. David Perlmutter
Scientist Neil deGrasse Tyson famously said, “The good thing about science is that it’s true whether or not you believe in it.” Even more fascinating is this truth: science is always changing. And if we want to live our best, healthiest lives, we need to be open minded to the ever-changing data, and consider how we can implement it into our lives in a realistic way.
Today’s guest has made it his mission to bring compelling research to the table, even when it means disrupting conventional wisdom, or changing the conversation in a way that isn’t always convenient or comfortable in our modern society. Dr. David Perlmutter is a Board Certified Neurologist, and the author of the New York Times Best-Seller, Grain Brain.
Today, Dr. Perlmutter joins us to share the new and emerging science that inspired the updated and revised version of his book. We’re digging deep into the topics of brain inflammation, neurological disorders, gluten sensitivities, and how you can prevent these illnesses. I know you’ll find this research equally fascinating and inspiring, so listen in, take good notes, and enjoy this interview with the incredible Dr. David Perlmutter!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- The shocking sciencebehind the efficacy of Alzheimer’s medication.
- What cytokines are (and how they relate to brain function).
- The link between the microbiome and inflammation in the body.
- What researchers at Harvard found about non-celiac gluten sensitivities.
- How gluten consumption affects leaky gut.
- The link between belly fat and the risk of developing Alzheimer’s disease.
- How 20 minutes of aerobic activity per day can help your brain.
- What BDNFis (and how it can give you a second chance!)
- Four tips for increasing your neuroplasticity.
- How CBD can help fight inflammation.
- The truth about consuming artificial sweeteners.
- How your prefrontal cortex and your amygdala differ when it comes to food choices.
- The damaging effects of eating low quality meats.
- How one night of bad sleep can disrupt hunger signals and emotions.
- The link between gut bacteriaand mental health.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Easemagnesium.com/model⇐ Get an exclusive 15% off here!
- Organifi.com/Model ⇐ Use the coupon code model for 20% off!
- How to Beat Anxiety with Craig Ballantyne – Episode 322
- The History of Sugar – Episode 222
- Grain Brain by Dr. David Perlmutter
- Connect with David Website/ Facebook/ Instagram/ YouTube
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!
TMHS 339: 4 Hidden Things That Could Be Destroying Your Sleep Quality
TMHS 337: The 5 Biggest Smoothie Mistakes
TMHS 335: How Sex Helps You Live A Longer, Healthier Life
TMHS 334: Keto Myths And How To Go Complete Keto - With Guest Drew Manning
TMHS 331: The Muscle-Brain Connection
TMHS 327: 5 Things To Quit Doing In 2019
TMHS 326: Secrets To A Healthy Family - With Guest Braden Stevenson
TMHS 325: Take Control of Your Financial Health - With Guest Jemal King
TMHS 322: How to Beat Anxiety & Become Unstoppable - With Guest Craig Ballantyne
TMHS 321: The Top 10 Ways To Fortify Your Immune System