TMHS 335: How Sex Helps You Live A Longer, Healthier Life
Science agrees: sex is good. Engaging in regular sexual activity not only feels great, but also has many health-promoting benefits. Because sex is so taboo in our culture, no one is really talking about this. That’s why I wanted to dig into the research and bring you a comprehensive look into how sex can help you live a longer and healthier life.
You probably already know that sex releases endorphins and contributes to cardiovascular health. But what if I told you that sex can promote cell growth in your brain, relieve pain similarly to morphine, and increase your overall functionality?
Today you’re going to learn the latest research on how having an active sex life can contribute to your mood, cognitive function, and general well-being. You’ll hear studies linking sexual activity to increased heart function, improved sleep, and a more powerful immune system. Additionally, I’m sharing a few tips for maintaining a healthy sex life. So click play, and let’s talk about sex!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How sex is linked to cognitive function.
- The most powerful sexual organin your body (it’s not what you think!)
- How sex triggers neurogenesis in the brain.
- The hormones that are released during sex, and how they improve cognitive skills.
- What the science says about sex and heart health.
- How many calories are burned during sexual activity.
- Which muscles are strengthened during sex.
- How regular ejaculation can decrease the risk of prostate cancer in men.
- Which hormone is known as “the cuddle hormone.”
- The impact that frequent sex has on your body’s immune system.
- How cortisol can help you get a better night’s sleep.
- Why sexual intimacy can lead to less stress.
- Tips for maintaining a healthy sex lifeas you age.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Foursigmatic.com/model ⇐ Get 15% off your daily health elixirs and coffee!
- Intellibed.com/modelhealth⇐ Redeem your exclusive discount + free shipping!
- How Your Level of Self Love Impacts Your Health – Episode 269
- Sleep Smarter by Shawn Stevenson
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcast by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!