TMHS 348: Diversify Your Mental Inputs And Step Into Your Purpose
True wellness is multi-faceted—it encompasses nutrition, exercise, sleep, stress management, and so much more. Interesting research is emerging suggesting that we are healthier (and we live longer) when we have meaning and a sense of purpose in our lives.
But what does it truly mean to have a purpose? This idea has become distorted in our culture. Words like passion and purpose are often overused and misconstrued. Uncovering your purpose is not always an enlightening epiphany. We are all passionate and purpose-driven, but sometimes stepping into that power is easier said than done.
The truth is, no one is going to give you permission to live the life that you want. You are not going to be handed your purpose on a silver platter—it’s something for you to discover, and ultimately choose for yourself. On today’s show, you’ll learn three specific steps you can take to diversify your thinking and walk in your purpose. I hope you’ll listen intently, take good notes, and become inspired to fully and authentically step into your unique purpose.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How the concept of purpose has changed over generations.
- The truth about finding your purpose.
- Why it’s so important to diversify your thinking.
- What research shows about human brains syncing.
- Why surrounding yourself only with like-minded individuals can block your growth.
- The importance of learning from others’ wins (and losses!)
- How to become an idea machine.
- Why you should consider reading more fiction books.
- How developing your idea muscle helps you find your purpose.
- The importance of learning about and connecting with other cultures.
- Three steps you need to take to uncover your purpose.
- Why the word passion is often misconstrued.
- Where the word passion comes from.
- How looking back on your childhood can help you find your purpose.
- Why overthinking can stop you from having the life that you want.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Foursigmatic.com/model ⇐ Get 15% off your daily health elixirs and coffee!
- Onnit.com/Model ⇐ Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off!
- Transformationalnutrition.com/model ⇐ Take the ITN assessment!
- The Paradox of Choice by Barry Schwartz
- Emotional Intelligence with Dr. Daniel Goleman – Episode 237
- Emotional Intelligence by Dr. Daniel Goleman
- The Nature of Consciousness with Mark Gober – Episode 311
- Meal Prep Commandments with Kevin Curry – Episode 323
- 5 Things to Quit Doing in 2019 – Episode 327
- Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!