TMHS 352: Self Assessment, Adjusting To Change, & Social Media Detox - With Guest Anne Stevenson
Henry David Thoreau made an insightful point when he wrote, “Live each season as it passes; breathe the air, drink the drink, taste the fruit, and resign yourself to the influences of each.” Whether you’re in a season of challenges, conflict, joy, or change, each season holds its unique ups and downs. But if we dismiss the hard seasons, there’s a lot of growth and beauty that we could miss.
On this episode, the lovely Anne Stevenson is back to talk about navigating those seasons of life, including her experience moving to the United States from Kenya, and what it was like to transition into motherhood. You’re going to hear Anne’s insights on relationships, productivity, finding a balance with social media, and fine-tuning your focus so that you can put your energy into the things that really matter.
Anne is also answering your questions on finding a workout that you love, how to maintain your family’s healthy lifestyle around the holidays, as well as how we balance working in our business while we work on our relationship. Anne’s story highlights how to step into your power and focus on what truly matters, I hope it will inspire you to embrace the season of life that you’re in.
In this episode you’ll discover:
- Anne’s experience immigrating to the United States.
- How experiences from childhood can influence you into adulthood.
- The cultural differences between Kenya and the US.
- Why it’s important to get to the root of your emotions.
- What it means to make a study of your relationship.
- Why Anne decided to take a social media detox, and what she learned from it.
- The truth about willpower and changing habits.
- How Anne created a built-in accountability system during her social media detox.
- Tips for undergoing a successful and insightful social media detox.
- How to add value on social media.
- What it’s really like to be married to a creative.
- How to navigate eating healthy during the holidays.
- What it means to understand the seasons of your life.
- How assessing your goals quarterly can make you more productive.
- Why you should consider hiring a housekeeping service.
- The importance of being patient and kind to yourself.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Onnit.com/Model ⇐ Get your optimal health & performance supplements at 10% off!
- Foursigmatic.com/model ⇐ Get 15% off your daily health elixirs and coffee!
- Model Nation ⇐ Join our private Facebook community!
- Girl, Stop Apologizing by Rachel Hollis
- Ultimate Relationship Program by Tony Robbins
- The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman
- Willpower Doesn’t Work by Benjamin Hardy
- We’re Going to Need More Wine by Gabrielle Union
- Everyday Enlightenment by Dan Millman
- Girl, Wash Your Face by Rachel Hollis
- The Sweet Potato Diet by Michael Morelli
- 5 Keys to an Amazing Relationship with Anne Stevenson – Episode 176
- Create a Culture of Health in Your Family with Anne Stevenson – Episode 292
- The Science of Setting and Accomplishing Goals with Michael Hyatt – Episode 260
- 12 Tips for Conquering Distraction and Getting More Done – Episode 307
- Everyday Enlightenment with Dan Millman – Episode 329
- The Fat Loss Code
- Connect with me Instagram / Facebook
Thank you so much for checking out this episode of The Model Health Show. If you haven’t done so already, please take a minute and leave a quick rating and review of the show on Apple Podcasts by clicking on the link below. It will help us to keep delivering life-changing information for you every week!