202: Shane Snow | Cognitive Self-Defense Against Intellectual Dishonesty
Shane Snow (@shanesnow) is an award-winning entrepreneur and journalist, author of Dream Teams and Smartcuts, and the blogger who wrote How to Debate and Make Progress by Curbing Intellectual Dishonesty.
What We Discuss with Shane Snow:
- What is intellectual dishonesty, how does it undermine meaningful debate, and what can we do to recognize it in ourselves and others?
- Why the cognitive diversity of differing perspectives and open-mindedness of intellectual humility make for healthy discourse.
- The six recurring problems in discourse: dodging, logical fallacies, deception, dirty debate, little accountability, and false endings.
- What we have to gain by rooting out intellectual dishonesty when it appears in ourselves and others.
- How to pull discussions back from the brink of intellectual dishonesty and put them on an honest track.
- And much more...
Full show notes and resources can be found here: https://jordanharbinger.com/202
Sign up for Six-Minute Networking -- our free networking and relationship development mini course -- at jordanharbinger.com/course!
Does your business have an Internet presence? Save up to a whopping 62% on new webhosting packages with HostGator at hostgator.com/jordan!
Eight Sleep is the first bed engineered with dynamic cooling and heating that keeps you at the perfect temperature all night long. Get $100 off your purchase when you go to EightSleep.com/jordan!
Better Help offers affordable, online counseling at your convenience. If you're coping with depression, stress, anxiety, addiction, or any number of issues, you're not alone. Talk with a licensed professional therapist for 10 percent off your first month at betterhelp.com/jordan!
Explore Blue Diamond for all your almond product needs. From delicious almond nut snacks to gift baskets, they've got you covered at a store near you or at bluediamond.com!
Disgraceland is a true crime podcast about musicians getting away with murder. If you love true crime and you love music, get ready to love Disgraceland here!
Like this show? Please leave us a review here -- even one sentence helps! Consider including your Twitter handle so we can thank you personally!