#317: Building a $300MM Real Estate Empire from Scratch with Multifamily Investor Chad Doty
Ever dreamed of being a successful multifamily investor who owns millions of dollars in real estate while others manage your assets?
Well, today’s guest is doing just that! Brandon and David sit down with Chad Doty, a one-time businessman who ditched corporate life and moved on to real estate, now owning 3,000 units!
Chad shares TONS of meaty insight, including what he looks for when choosing a market, where he’s currently investing (and avoiding), and four rules of thumb for building a multifamily business. Chad gives great advice regarding overcoming high barriers to entry, getting brokers to take you seriously (even as a newbie), and adding value to properties in order to generate big profits.
Plus, you DO NOT want to miss Chad’s take on finding deals others are missing, the order in which you should build your team, and how he would invest his grandmother’s last 100K! If you’re looking for an episode with so much value you’ll feel guilty you didn’t have to pay for it, download this one now!
In This Episode We Cover:
- How Chad got into multifamily
- What evergreen is
- Two real estate myths
- What comes first: deal or money
- The market he invests in and why
- His success metrics
- The four components of any successful business
- Raising money to fund an apartment building
- Increase rent vs. decrease expenses
- What does his team look like managing thousands of properties
- Rules of thumb for communicating with property management
- His thoughts on the future of today's market
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Webinar
- Real Estate Glossary
- Grant Cardone on Multifamily Investing and Why You Should Never Buy a House! (podcast)
- BiggerPockets Podcast 316: How to Become a Millionaire Through Real Estate by 26 with Graham Stephan (podcast)
- BiggerPockets Podcast 113: Becoming a Millionaire Real Estate Investor Using The One Thing with Jay Papasan (podcast)