#321: How to Negotiate Real Estate—Expert Deal-Making Tactics with J and Carol Scott and Mark Ferguson
Would your real estate investing business benefit from better negotiating tactics? Of course it would!
On today’s show, Brandon and David sit down with J and Carol Scott, as well as Mark Ferguson, co-authors of the new BiggerPockets book The Book on Negotiating Real Estate. The authors discuss several powerful negotiating strategies, plus common misconceptions about negotiating, how “winning” in negotiating doesn’t always mean the other side is losing, and how the best deals are done through building rapport (with examples of how to do just that).
You won’t want to miss their tips on how to prepare for a negotiation beforehand—something that’s made them hundreds of thousands of dollars over the years—and how to negotiate with your own contractor to get the best prices possible!
This episode is full of advice to help you, the investor, save money and get deals. If you want to experience better results getting what YOU want out of a deal, download this one today!
In This Episode We Cover:
- Introducing J, Carol, and Mark
- Common misconceptions about negotiating
- How winning doesn’t always mean the other side losing
- The right mindset when it comes to negotiating
- How building rapport can get you deals
- Learning to shift the negotiation off of price and into something else
- Tips in preparing for your negotiation beforehand
- Negotiating with your contractor to get the best deal possible
- The tip that’s made them hundreds of thousands of dollars over the years
- How they closed on a deal using negotiating tactics to lower the price on an already great deal
- And SO much more!
Links from the Show
- BiggerPockets Forums
- BiggerPockets Webinar
- Brandon's Instagram
- Be a Podcast Guest
- BiggerPockets Podcast 311: 6 Rules for Investing in Real Estate in the Coming Economic Shift with J Scott
- BiggerPockets Podcast 010 : Flipping Houses 101 with J Scott
- BiggerPockets Podcast 068: Being a Superhero House Flipper, Investor, and Team Leader with Mark Ferguson
- The Best Ever Conference
- BiggerPockets Podcast 189: 500 Deals, the $100,000 Wholesale Paycheck, & the Systems That Make it Work with Tarl Yarber